Tachograph Remote download by TachoSafe offer to transport companies ability to stay compliant by downloading digital tachographs remotely while keeping their fleet operating.
TachoSafe Remote Download (RDU) devices are designed to remotely download data from digital tachographs. The RDU is permanently installed on the truck and connected to the digital tachograph and downloads can be initiated manually or by a scheduler through an application installed on the customer’s PC. The system works in the background and alerts the user in case of errors.
RDU devices are available for 2G (RDU GPRS2 and RDU GPRS3) and 4G (RDU 4G) mobile networks, making it easy to choose the one that’s right for your needs.
- RDU makes downloads from the digital tachograph remotely
- the RDU is installed into the truck and is permanently connected to the digital tachograph
- download process is automatically initiated by the TachoSafe RDU manager
- the company card can always stays in your office, which eliminates the need for drivers to bring the card back to the office for downloads
- alternatively you can send your company card to one of our partners and they will take care of all your tachograph and card download tasks while offering comprehensive analysis over you data
- the system works in the background, but it alerts the user in case of errors, so you can quickly resolve any issues that arise
- ddd files will be available on your computer and/or can be uploaded to an online platform for future processing
- permanent fleet control
- mandatory downloads are made automatically
- no risk of penalty caused by missing downloads
- the truck doesn’t need to return periodically to the base station for data download, which means cost savings for company
- no need of responsible personnel for direct tachograph management
- compatible with TachoSafe software and every other analyzing software
- supports all tachographs on the market which has the remote download enabled from factory or from approved service
- integration with fleet management and tachograph data management software through FTP, FTPS, Amazon S3 storage, Microsoft Azure Storage, custom webhooks
Analysis and reports on TachoSafe Web
The RDU Manager application saves copies of downloaded files to the TachoSafe Web. The web application creates analysis, infringement and other reports based on the ddd files. The status of RDUs, warnings for expiring or expired download deadlines can be followed on the TachoSafe Web as well. Any data generated by these Remote Download Units will be visible on this website after you log in with your username and password. While most of the basic functions are free analysis and reporting is a subscription based service.
One online platform:
- to manage all digital tachograph and driver card related requirements and duties
- complete automation of downloads with RDU devices or manual downloads with Tacho2Safe, Tacho4Safe and Tacho5Safe
- all data stored in one safe place and accessible from any internet-connected device
- clear, easy-to-understand data analyses for informed decision making
- secure storage of all data for easy access whenever needed
The remote download unit is compatible with all digital tachographs that are capable of data download through C CAN connector. Data download through C connector should be enabled in the tachograph with a programming tool (CTC II, MK II, Digitachytest 2 or others). If the digital tachograph does not support data download through C CAN connector you can use Tacho2Safe, Tacho4Safe or Tacho5Safe.